Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Effigy (May 2024)

If I had a gun
would I press it against my chest?
What would I want?
If I did, did I would?

Would I want to pull the trigger
Just to watch how it bleeds?
Just to see if my blood is still red when
Black fills the heart of me

(Chorus)
Would the jewels paint the world?
Would I think
“Is this all thats left of me?”
Would the floor be cold and hard?
Or would i be relieved?
And just be relieved.

If i had a gun
How would i change the world?
If i point it at you
Would you change too?

Would you ask me to pull the trigger
Just to put the hurt down?
Just to see if it stops
And the world could just drown away.

(Chorus 2)

(Bridge)
Im a piece of art lying here rotting
Already i lie here forgotten
Im an artist who painted myself
Like society’s painted the world
Yet i am a monster
And not an effigy.

If you had a gun
Would you press it against my chest
Would i be an atom bomb
When the bullet hit the core of my soul?

Would I want you to pull the trigger
While you searched in my eyes
To see the lights dim as I
Un-became everything that you see?

(Chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment