Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Ain’t Life Grand (02/12/2019)

You seem surprised I recognise you

What? 

You think I wouldnt recognise the same sad eyes

That Ive looked into for years?

Another soul close to broken

Tears.


I know that grey 

You’re looking for a glimmer of hope

But while you look outside to find it

You’ll just grope for

The newest edition but it comes with no stand

You lie down and take it thinking


(Chorus)

Ain’t Life Grand

But baby, that a life

Ain’t life grand

But that aint life


I’ve never worked well with 

Deadlines or dead eyes

I like to question the status of my own lies

I cant hide behind another excuse and let it be

Just gotta keep keeping on the path for nobody but me.


(Bridge)

And it just dont matter how

Beautiful your soul if you cant see

It doesnt matter what we are

If your plan is not to be cause

I just want you to succeed but 27 is approaching

And what do you expect for me

When your deadline is encroaching

Like I’ll just sit here thinging


(Chorus)


(Bridge)

You say you dont want to die on the streets

But I’m straight up not ready to die because i loved you in the sheets

You say you’re not willing to die with me

And I am straight up not ready to count down

Six years of tears

Six years of fears

Six years to plan a grave

Six years til lonely beers

It’s just 

Six years of smiles

Six years of love in miles

Six years of all this chemistry but in the end

It’s just six years 

Til it’s lonely me singing


(Chorus)





No comments:

Post a Comment