Wednesday, November 22, 2023

One Last Time (4 April 2020)

Just rest your soul

Just stay sleeping

I don’t want to wake you up

Just lay down

Mind how you’re keeping

Just relax and fill your cup


I know your body

I know the man

I know youre dreaming hard oh,

I know that you ran

I know the look you give

And i know you dont

I know youre sleeping hard

So i know you wont


(Chorus)

Put down your papers

Put down your smoke

It’s midnight hold me in your soul

It’s gone tonight

Put down that drink

Pick up your line

Its good to meet you at last

And one last time.


Your lips make me sick

You got so dizzy you choked

I recognise the cold of your back as you walk outside 

And roll another smoke

And you may see through the darkness

But can you see the bright bright lights?

Cause you are just a stranger

I’m glad that we had just one night


(Bridge)

I keep your bruises for days

Slowly they’ll fade away

The crack of my lip fades quick

But never quick enough

I watch them turn red then yellow, black and green

And then turn back to me.


So pull up your anchors

Pull up your socks

Pull in that bottom lip thats pouting

And rest now, rest.

Pick up your line

Throw us a smile

It never got started but it was good to hold you

At last and one last time.


(Chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment