Thursday, November 23, 2023

Broken Lip (2020)

Youre a broken lip

Youre a glass of poison -

Can I take a sip?


Oh Ive gotta get out of this bubble

Gotta put down the glass that

Ive held aloft all this

Time is an illusion

And if I must believe

Why can’t I believe in me?


I have lost my grip

On what matters, and its not matter at all

When you melt through the floor


Oh, I’ve gotta get up from this table

While I can still breathe while I’m still enabled

While I can still believe I can still believe.


(Chorus)

Oh bring me my horror

I’m a broken lip.

Send in the demons

I’m still getting a grip now now oh

Bring me my bucket and bring me my spade

Lie me on the beach and just go away.

Til we awaken the monsters that die in our sleep

Let them into the world as I slide slide down.


Bring in the horrors and tell all the tales 

Of the wars and the scars and the fails

All the rambling horses and times you were dead in the field

Bring the wounds and the wagons and change all the sheets

Feel the rain and the lessons and feel the relief

Cradle the wolves til its all gone

And you fade fade down.


You’re a broken lip.

Your’e a glass of poison - Can I take a sip?





No comments:

Post a Comment