Wednesday, November 22, 2023

The (Anti) Social Distancing Song (8 April 2020)

You’re locked inside

But you think it’s fine

You’re just hanging around at home.

You got your virtual pub

You got your virtual grub (cause you’re broke)

But there’s your dog and a remote - so you’re happy enough


You don’t want to leave the house anymore

You’ve made a nest in your bed and you can’t see the floor

You’re fridge is tocked

Because your online shopping just got dropped

And even the bottle-o delivers!

So there’s no designated drivers only stressed out livers


(Chorus)

You’ve got the anti-social distancing going on

Yeah, we’re anti-social distancing

And you’ve never left your house before

Without wondering if you’d probably rather stay in more

But now - I don’t want to stay home.


You havent seen any of your mates in what seems like a year

Unless it’s through a screen and we’re both probably drinking beer

And I’ll spend my money on JD

But I know I’m drinking too much because all my shotys are free.


(Chorus)


I wanna go

I wanna go

I just wanna go

I wanna go

No comments:

Post a Comment