Thursday, November 23, 2023

Dead and Lovely (2020)

Oh, I underestimated

How much I wanted what I could feel

Whats mine was yours I surrendered the past

My future my present was part of the deal

And i gifted my time

My head and my heart were not mine and I

Suffered in silence alone alone

As I laid down my heart and my future was thrown.


(Pre Chorus)

Oh how can I negate the deal?

Forget you existed - Where can I appeal

To the judges the jury the kingdom the court

Tell me how can i undo

You.


(Chorus)

Youre so lovely

Dead and lovely

I can’t fill your grave

Nor flowers throw

You’re so lovely

Dead and lovely

I’ll keep telling myself til this love is undone

I cant have you haunt you or brighten your day

And the pyre’s on fire and you’re dead, I’ll say

That you’re lovely

Dead and lovely

So rest well so long goodbye

I’ll try not to miss you, 

Goodbye.


You were perfection

Changed my direction

You were my obsession

And every connection

I was lost for words 

You’re beyond comprehension

But now I’ve lost my inspiration

And all my affection feels like an affliction

So heres my confession

Without it oh I’d be lost


(Pre-chorus)

(Instrumental)

(Chorus)



No comments:

Post a Comment