Wednesday, November 22, 2023

The One That Got Away (23/11/2019)

 Get the ropes down -

I’m leaving home but only in this world

Its so deranges and 

I can’t figure out why we’re estranged


You know as well as I 

Before we even caught our eyes

That we couldnt look away

I was hooked - but you got away.


(Bridge)

In every universe - In every dimension

I keep finding you.

But this one I’m alone

In every universe at every station

For an oroborous duration

I will love you (love you love you)


(Chrous)

I should be loving you all day

You should be kissing me all night

I should be looking in your eyes and

Making everything alright.

You should be kissing me this way

Hold my hand and never stray

But in this version of reality

It’s you, but without me.


The signs are everywhere

Oh, Im trying not to care

But from Brisbane to Toronto

Your name it seems to follow and I know

I get the message -

This time we’re on our own

But I just wanted you to know that

This feeling doesnt go 

or fade away


(Bridge)

Every little thing

I wonder what went wrong

Was I too soft or too strong?

Maybe we’ll make up later on

But your arms

Is where i want to be 

I can’t explain but everything I 

needed in that second was answered - 

(And I just can’t let it be)


(Chorus 2)

You should be loving me all day

I should be kissing you all night

And no matter how things change

You’re the one that got away.

You should be loving me all day

You should be kissing me all night

No matter what they say

I’m gonna love you anyway.

(Im gonna love you anyway)


(Outro)

You are the one that got away

Kissing me all day

Loving me all night

No matter how things change

You are the one that got away.

No comments:

Post a Comment